Saturday, April 9, 2016

Everything Is Incredible

I'm feeling like I need to write so here I am, and the topic I have to offer today is one of peculiarity.

What can you see?
I can see my fingers crawling across the keyboard, as fresh words of my mind are typed on to the computer screen. I'm in my bedroom, which is looking scruffier than I'd like it to be to be honest. My bed remains unmade, duvet slipping from its place of belonging, pillows strewn beside it scattered on the floor, and me, plonked on top of it all, blogging. Ahead of me is where my desk is situated. I can see a toppling tower of schoolbooks, a calendar with the only purpose of creating an appearance that says 'I have my plop together', I even made use of a blooming colour code. A schedule for when my German exchange partner arrives, which I am now finding very fascinating, because it is almost a time teleportation device. In the future I will do those very things, isn't that incredible? My photography wall above with its accurately placed memories overlooks the rest of my familiar bedroom, which also captivates me as I can travel along the other direction in time. Extraordinary.

What is even more astounding to me is that nobody else is seeing what I am seeing right now. If another being was in my bedroom accompanying me, they wouldn't have the ability to see exactly what I can see at the same time as me. I could see their face, and they could see mine. We cannot see our own faces. A mirror is a reflection, you can't hold your own face as you could in reality, in a photograph. Another interesting matter is time. What is it? It's not actually a real thing in a way. Humans created the concept yet it's so difficult for me, personally, to envision a world without it. The world. The universe. How is it possible that the universe goes on forever and ever? How the hell did we come to live? If your answer to that question is God, what is God? What was the first thing ever to exist, but then where did it come from? Does there really need to be a first thing? You have a brain, you have a heart, you have skin and all these factors of humans, do you not find that amazing?

I guess what I'm trying to get across is that EVERYTHING is incredible, if you just think about it. Really, really, THINK.



No comments:

Post a Comment