Sunday, March 6, 2016

You Only Live Once

As cheesy as it may sound, I'm an enormous believer in making the most of every moment in your life. I can't stand having nothing to do, or watching my little sister begin to waste her days away scrolling, scrolling, scrolling. I really think it is important appreciate this planet and do the things you desire, which is why I'm going to be sharing a few things on my bucket list.

1. Go To Glastonbury
Every single thing about festivals sounds like fun. The music, the fashion and the time spent with friends. Glastonbury is the biggest festival in the UK, and they manage to rig in some amazing artists.
2. Travel The World
I might write about my travel bucket list another time, but for now I'll leave you with a short list: Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Milan, Florida, California, New York, Paris, Bangkok and so many more.
3. Dip Dye My Hair Lilac
This is something I'm desperate to do in the summer ahead. I'm growing my hair so that I can dye it then cut the dyed parts off for when I go back to school. I'd dye it a really light lilac, because I have blonde hair.
4. Play Hide And Seek In A Graveyard At Night
I'm a lover of anything spooky, and the only thing that properly scares me is the supernatural. I'm not sure who I would get to play with me though, I don't think many of my friends would be up for that strangely enough.
5. Sew A Summer Dress
I've made a skirt before, so I suppose the next step is to make my own dress. Summer dresses are actually my favourite item of clothing ever, so I hope to head down to the fabric shop soon.
6. Fall In Love
If I find someone special, my plan is to get married and have three children. However, if this doesn't end up being the case, I'll show the world that I can achieve great things without a man! That being said, I'd like to fall in love at least once in my life, even if they don't end up being right for me.
7. Star Gaze
Space and the universe is fascinating to me, and I've realised that I don't often get to lie back and analyse the constellations.
8. Go Indoor Sky Diving
This definitely sounds like something I would love. I've been desperate to do this since I was tiny and I really hope I get to fulfil that in the future.
9. Go To A Trampoline Park
I'm a very energetic person, and even though a trampoline was the cause of my broken leg, my bouncy tendencies have not been destroyed.
10. Learn To Ski
This is something I want to do for the sake of doing it. It just sounds like fun.
11. Learn To Surf
I could be one of those effortlessly flawless girls you see at the beach who just seem so zen and chilled, which in my opinion isn't a bad thing to be.
12. Bake Every Dish In A Cook Book
Baking is something that makes me very happy, and something I would love to be doing more often. The cookery book I have in mind is Tanya Burr's new cookery book which will be released in the summertime. There is no doubt that I will be picking that up!
13. See A Broadway Show
Living near London has allowed me to take a few trips to cinemas in the west end, which if you didn't know is basically the UK's version of broadway. Everything is bigger in America, so broadway sounds like somewhere I want to be.
14. Go To Thorpe Park Dressed As A Disney Princess
My friends and I once decided that we wanted to go to a theme park dressed as the Disney princesses that we look most like and we never got around to it. It doesn't matter how old I am, I am determined to do this still!
15. Learn How To Play 'River Flows In You' On The Piano
For some reason, this song reminds me of my Grandma and makes me cry every time I listen to it. I think it's such a meaningful and beautiful song, and I'd love to learn how to play it myself.
16. Release A Floating Lantern
This seems like it would make the most magical night because I always love things like that. It would also be really romantic to do with a partner.
17. Watch A Sunrise/Sunset At The Beach
If you have read my previous post, you'll know that I adore the sky. It would just be really serene to sit on the beach whilst watching the sun awaken or retire.
18. Become A Morning Person
I have always liked the idea of waking up early, because you would have so much more time to do things you need to do before the day ends. I actually really like mornings if I'm conscious when they arrive, but I'm just going to use the excuse that I'm a teenager for now.
19. Tell Scary Stories And Sing Around A Campfire
Although I expect I would be a little nervous around the fire, watching it cautiously, it would be great to let go and have a lil sing song. I've sang with my friends on coach journeys for school trips, and I've always had a wide grin across my face while doing so. A campfire would make it so atmospherical.
20. Write A Fiction Chapter Book
I'm pretty sure the book will end up being released chapter by chapter on this blog, but at the moment I have a case of writer's block, so I'm trying to conjure up some juicy plots.
21. Complete A Scrapbook
It would be so cool to have a scrapbook for each time I tick an experience of my bucket list. I love little keepsakes that I can treasure when I'm elderly.
22. Participate In A Colour Run
It's probably about time I did some exercise, so running with colour sounds like the perfect solution. Just think of all the incredible photographs I could take!
23. Play Hide And Seek In Ikea
It's only now it's come to my attention that in the back of my mind I must have a secret fondness for the game of hide and seek. First a graveyard, then in Ikea! This is another thing I was supposed to get around to doing with my friends but we never did, and I still want to try.
24. Make A Dream Catcher
Dream catchers make a room look so boho-and-Moroccan-esque and that is definitely a vibe I wouldn't mind bringing to my space. They also have such a sweet meaning.
25. Have A Water Balloon Fight
I'm like a Labrador in the sense that I'm led to water. I have no clue why this is, but I love the sea and swimming and Jacuzzis and baths, so a water balloon fight would be something I'd be attracted to.

This is only a small selection of the things I'd like to do and I'd love to write more about my bucket list. Let me know if you would like to see that by leaving a comment telling me three things that you want to do before you kick the bucket.

Sorry this post seems a little rushed, my writing juices don't seem to be flowing today, which is a little worrying as I have a lot of homework to do. I'd better go and do that.

Molly Rose x


2 comments: